DEUS EX: MANKIND DIVIDEDCOMPOSER [ 2016 ]
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTIONCOMPOSER
- [GAME: 2011] XBOX, PS3, PC, Wii
- Studio: Square Enix, Eidos Interactive
- Composer for all music including cinematics, in-game & advertising
- Includes all music for both expansions: “The Fall” & “The Missing Link”.
- 2012 BAFTA Nomination: Best Original Music
- 2011 Spike TV VGA Nomination: Best Original Score
- 2012 CVGA Nomination: Best Original Score
- 2011 2 x Hollywood Music In Media Award Nominations
- 2011 4 x CUE Award Nominations for music.
- 2011 G4TV X-Play Nomination: Best Original Music
- 2011 SEMO Award: Best Score – Contemporary / Alternative
- 2012 ‘Best Trailer of All Time’: GameTrailers
XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWNCOMPOSER
- [GAME: 2012 / 2013] XBOX, PS3, PC, Steam, iOS, Android
- Studio: 2K Interactive, Firaxis
- Lead composer: main themes, cinematics, in-game, menus.
- Includes original music for expansion: XCOM: Enemy Within (2013)
- Game of The Year: Kotaku, Giant Bomb, GameTrailers, Gamespy, Now Gamer, The Guardian, Eurogamer, GameSpy, Action Trip
- Strategy GOTY: Destructoid, PC Gamer, D.I.C.E. Awards, IGN (Editor), G4TV, Yahoo!, Examiner, GameZone
- Over 100 nominations in various categories. See full list.
- “XCOM: Enemy Within” was an expansion pack for the game, released in late 2013. McCann scored about 15 minutes of additional cinematics music for the expansion.
IT’S ALL GONE PETE TONGLEAD SOUND DESIGNER
- [FEATURE FILM: 2004] Director: Michael Dowse
- Studio: Vertigo Films UK, Alliance Atlantis
- Supervising sound designer and music editor.
- 2 personal Genie nominations: Best Sound & Best Sound Editing
- 8 Genie nominations total including Best Picture
- Winner – Best Canadian Film: Toronto International Film Festival
- Winner – Best Comedy: HBO Comedy Film Festival
- Winner – Best Film & Audience Favorite: NY Gen Arts Film Festival
- Winner – 3 Leo Awards: Best Sound Design / Sound Editing & Best Feature
- It’s All Gone Pete Tong was a 2004 comedy feature-film from director / writer Michael Dowse (Goon, FUBAR, What If), and starring Paul Kaye (Game of Thrones). McCann was supervising sound designer and music editor for the film; responsible for conceptualizing & supervising all aspects of audio. As music editor, McCann was also responsible for creating all the DJ sets and use of music throughout the film.
ADVERTISING: MOVIES, TV & GAMESCOMPOSER
- ‘After Earth’ (Sony Pictures) • ‘Justin Bieber: Never Say Never’ (Paramount Pictures) • ‘The Law of Enclosures’ (Alliance Atlantis) • ‘Burning Mussolini (Independent) • ‘Regenesis’ (The Movie Network) • Licence To Drill (Discovery Channel) • ‘Making The Movie’ (MTV / VH1) • ‘Making The Video’ (MTV / VH1) • ‘Tom Clancy’s Endwar’ (Ubisoft) • Deus Ex: Human Revolution • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix) • XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within (2K Interactive).
- National TV ad campaigns:
- Old Navy / The Gap (U.S. prime-time) • Rotary International (World peace ads) • BP Energy (U.S.) • SODEBO (France) • RCMP / Canadian Forces (Canada) • National Bank (Canada) • Gemini Awards, and numerous regional Canadian ads between 2002 and 2006.
REGENESISCOMPOSER [ MAIN THEME ]
- [TV SERIES: 2005 – 2010] 4-seasons.
- Network: The Movie Network, Shaftsbury Films
- Main Theme composer, working under the name ‘Behavior’.
- Hollywood Music in Media Awards: Best Original Theme (nominee)
- The show earned 9 wins and 47 nominations from various award organizations (Gemini Awards, Directors Guild of Canada).
- Regenesis is a 1-hour dramatic tv series that is now in syndication worldwide (TMN, CW, FX UK, etc.) The main theme song for the show was an instrumental version of McCann’s track ‘Anywhere But Here’, which was originally released in 2001. You can find that album and the lyric version of the song (co-composed by Andrea Revel) on our ‘Behavior‘ page.
TOM CLANCY’S SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENTCOMPOSER
- [GAME: 2006/2007] XBOX 360, PS3, PC, Wii
- Studio: Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Montreal
- Composer: all music for the game except ‘credits sequence’.
- Additional composition by Graham Playford (see project page for details)
- Working under the artist name ‘Behavior’.
- IGN Award for ‘Best Original Score’ of 2006 (Xbox 360)
- Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Best Original Music (nominee)
- GANG Awards: Best Interactive Score (nominee)
DEUS EX: ‘THE MISSING LINK’ & ‘THE FALL’COMPOSER
- [GAME: 2012] DLC: XBOX 360, PS3, PC, Wii
- Studio: Square Enix / Eidos Montreal
- DLC expansion for Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Composer for all music.
- [GAME: 2013] Mobile Platforms, iOS & Android
- Studio: NFusion Interactive Entertainment (developers)
- Mobile game within the Deus Ex franchise.
- Composer of additional music for the game including ‘The Fall: Main Theme’
DISCOVERY CHANNEL: ‘LICENCE TO DRILL’COMPOSER
- [TV SERIES: 2009 – 2013] 4-seasons.
- Network: Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel
- Production Company: Pixcom (Montreal)
- Composer of over 3 hours of music used across 4 seasons.
- Winner: 2010 Gemini Award for “Best Documentary Series”
- License To Drill was an original Discovery Channel Canada TV series created in 2009. It follows the work of oil / gas drilling in the arctic and northern Canada, with a change to the Southern U.S. in Season 4. The show aired, and continues to be broadcast in North America and Europe on Discovery Channel, National Geographic and other networks..
MTV NETWORKS & VH1COMPOSER
- [TV SERIES’: 2001 – 2008]
- Network: MTV Networks, MTV2, VH1
- Original music and licensed music.
- Series: ‘Making The Movie’, ‘Making the Video’
- Episodes: Sharkira, Good Charlotte, Avril Livigne, DMX, Mariah Carey, Pink, MYA, Beyonce, James Bond: Die Another Day, and many others.
- Licensed music for ‘Man In The Mirror’ The Michael Jackson story (VH1).
FUBAR – THE MOVIELEAD SOUND DESIGNER
- [FEATURE FILM: 2004] Director: Michael Dowse
- Studio: Odeon Films, Alliance Atlantis, Busted Tranny Productions
- Lead sound designer, music editor and production sound mixer.
- FUBAR was an indie feature-film mokumentary released in 2002. It was “Official Selection” at the Sundance Film Festival, debuting in the prestigious ‘Midnight Screening’ slot that also launched Reservoir Dogs and The Blair Witch project. The film has since become a cult-hit in Canada, motivating a sequel in 2010. McCann was sound editor, music editor and is also in the film as the ‘sound guy’.
CANADIAN SPACE AGENCYCOMPOSER
- [EXHIBIT: 2007] Canada
- Production Companies: ID3, Canadian Space Agency
- Lead composer.
- McCann composed all original music for this massive travelling documentary exhibit showcasing the history of Canada’s involvement in space exploration. Exhibit also included an extensive overview of NASA’s Mars Lander mission, which the CSA was heavily involved with. The exhibit included astronaut bios, interviews, mission reenactments, in depth animations of the Mars Lander mission, the Canada Arm, the Canadarm 2, and detailed history of the CSA.
- [TV SERIES: 2009] Creator: Michael Dowse
- Network: Showcase Network, Company: Cardinal Films
- 5-episode half-hour comedy series.
- Composer for all episodes.
- The Foundation was a short-lived Canadian TV series produced and broadcast in 2009. Created by Michael Dowse (Goon, What If, Take Me Home Tonight) the series only had a 5 episode run. McCann created much of the music for the show, which was an eclectic mix of jazz-swing, dub, reggae and electronic. The ‘opening theme’ for the show was intention composed to sound like an old 80s science show intro.
PERSONAL WORKCOMPOSER / PRODUCER
-  “4 EP” Short four-track EP by Michael McCann.
-  Clap! Shake! Jump!: Song by Andrea Revel and Michael McCann (working under the name Behavior). This track was first heard in Old Navy’s Sptring 2007 national ad campaign, which aired during American Idol.
-  Behavior: ‘The Story of the Mechanical Man’ – McCann’s 2nd full-length album, working under the name ‘Behavior’.
-  Suture: ‘Persona’ – McCann’s 1st full-length album, working under the name ‘Suture’.
-  Andrea Revel: ‘Citysong’: McCann’s first and only produced album for another artist.
MISC GAME, TV PROJECTSCOMPOSER
- Original music and licensed music for ‘1-800-Missing’ (Lifetime Networks) • Drop In (SportsNet) • The Associates (CTV Network) • Burning Mussolini (feature film – full score), and original music for over 20 short films spanning 1996 – 2002.
- Original music for Audiokinetic’s “Wwise” software and demo projects, as well as 3D Max software.
INTERVIEWS & PANELS
- Film Score Monthly • IGN • Play Magazine • Sumthing Else Music Works • MSNBC • Cinema Blend • Nerd Reactor • GameSpot • Canadian Musician • Sony Playstation Blog • Level Magazine • I Am Entertainment • The Comet • Game Trailers • 360 Magazine UK • Official Xbox Magazing Brail / UK • GameZone • Music4Games • Convergence Magazine • Jeux Video (France) • Computer Music Magazine • BSO Spirit • Sci-Fi World
- MIGGS Montreal Digital Festival (2012) • PAX Prime (Seattle) • Video Games Live (Guest Composer – Montreal 2008) • Future of Music Policy Summit (2006) • Arcadia Festial (2006)